DATA PRIVACY NOTICE (General)
1. Your personal data – what is it?
“Personal data” is any information about a living individual which allows them to be identified from that data such as a name, photographs, videos, email address, or postal address. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (“the GDPR”) and other legislation relating to personal data and rights.
2. Who are we?
The Ickleford Burial Ground Trust (“the IBGT”), the owner and operator of the Alleyfield cemetery, is the data controller whose contact details are set out below. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The IBGT complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for some or all of the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide burial ground services;
- To enable us to manage the IBGT;
- To enable us to manage the Alleyfield cemetery;
- To enable us to meet all legal and statutory obligations relating to the operation of the IBGT and the operation of a cemetery; and
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Most of your personal data is processed for the performance of a contract with you, or to take steps to enter into a contract. An example of this would be processing your data in connection with the burial of a relative or friend at Alleyfield cemetery. On occasion we may need to process your personal data as part of our compliance with a legal obligation. We will always take into account your interests and rights. This Privacy Notice sets out your rights and the IBGT’s obligations to you.
Your explicit consent is required so that we can keep and process your personal data for the purposes set out herein.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with trustees of the IBGT to the extent reasonably necessary to carry out the purposes set out above. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the IBGT with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep personal data in relation to grave/plot owners indefinitely.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the IBGT holds about you;
- The right to request that the IBGT corrects or updates your personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the IBGT to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time;
- The right to request that we transfer all or some of your personal data that we hold directly to another data controller, known as the right to data portability;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office details of which are set out below.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a purpose not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions prior to commencing the processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, or to make queries or complaints, please in the first instance contact the Clerk to the IBGT (email: email@example.com; telephone: 07968 159771).
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or by mail at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Chairman of the IBGT
Date: 2nd May, 2018